Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can someone tell me ..I have a skin growth on my eye lid..not painful..but looks bad..its right in my eye lash

its raised and growing...bumpy..doesnt hurt if I squeeze it but bleeds...can I just pull it off ya think?

Can someone tell me ..I have a skin growth on my eye lid..not painful..but looks bad..its right in my eye lash
It sounds like a stye, chalazion or meibolian cyst. Go to your doctor and he may lance it and give you cream to use. It'll be gone in no time.





You should bathe your eye in warm water twice a day to keep it clean and if you wear contact lenses, leave them out for a while.





Don't touch it or squeeze it, these infections are contagious. You don't want it to spread.





Best wishes and I hope you get it sorted soon
Reply:I wouldn't suggest that. First off, the eyelid is a lot more sensitive than you would think and the pain can drop you to your knees. You have lots of blood supply in the face as well, and can bleed like a stuck pig.


You might have a sty in the early stages- being right on the eyelash line, or an ingrown eyelash. I'd suggest a trip to the doctor for a professional opinion, and you can always go to an opthamologist for an expert. Plus they can treat it properly. You'd hate to have to have plastic surgery to repair your eyelid, just in case the thing really gets nasty on you, or you rip things off that shouldn't be. Don't mess with your eyes, because you only have 2 and they aren't replaceable.


No comments:

Post a Comment