Thursday, May 7, 2009

Skin growth?

Eight weeks ago I noticed a tiny tiny bump on my skin, skin colored in nature. I picked at it, it went flat and then started to heal. When it started to heal a white growth started to come from it. It looked like a pimple but it could not be squeezed out no matter what I did. I picked and prodded at it till it came off. Then when it began to heal again, the white spot grew back again. It grew to about 1 mm high and about 2 mm wide, always in a circle. My doctor told me it was an ingrown hair. I put hot compresses on it and it did not go away, but the whit growth peeled off, only to grow back again. Everytime it grows back it is about 1 mm high, and two mm around with a red ring around it and white in the center. I got fed up and went to another doctor, mine was away, and he told me it was either a cyst or a fibroma and put liquid nitrogen on it. Then I went back to my family doctor and she said it was a dermatofibroma and it should have been cut out so it could have been tested. Now I worry that I shouldn't have been so hasty and it could have been something serious that I'll never know about.


Please answer these questions for me if you could...


Can a fibroma be peeled off like that and keep growing back?


Why couldn't I squeeze anything out if it was a skin cyst?


Do cysts grow right on top of the skin, I thought they grew under..


Can further excision happen after cyrotherapy, or am I doomed to wonder for the rest of my life?


Please help me if you can...


Kim Vasdani

Skin growth?
i dont know too much about cysts or fibroma but i know that cysts can usually be squeezed out and they can grow on skin and any sort of cancerous thing like fibroma can regrow.. i wud get a second opinion or in ur case a third and if they want to do a biopsy to see if it is a cancer of some sort and cut it out i wud definitely do it cuz if it keeps recurring the way u say it does i wud worry and i dont care what it is i wud want it outa there asap no matter what.. so good luck to you


No comments:

Post a Comment