Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is there any evidence that writing on your hand in biro can damage the skin in any way?

I haven't got round to buying a mini-notebook for writing down stuff I have to remember whilst on the go, so I have taken to scribbling it all on the back of my hand, and it's getting rather out of hand (figuratively, not literally - in fact it is very much ON hand).





So I was just wondering if I could be causing myself any damage by doing this? (and I want SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not unsubstantiated rumours of horrible skin growths that got passed around in 3rd grade).





(The biro is a standard black BIC biro and I am just writing many words, often on top of other words that have faded, not actually colouring in large areas of skin or anything.)

Is there any evidence that writing on your hand in biro can damage the skin in any way?
If you get it in a cut it can work like tattoo ink - my husband has a tattoo done on his leg with a compass needle and Bic biro ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment