Thursday, May 7, 2009

Took off acrylics & skin growth underneath nails are attached to my nails. Anyone know what to do?

I think after a few days of natural nails, this skin will get softer and recede on it's own. If your nails get really dry, the cuticle, which is on the top of your nail as well as underneath the free edge of your nail, becomes dry and tries to compensate by growing more to try to protect the dry nail. I'd use a hand lotion a couple of times a day and see how they feel.

Took off acrylics %26amp; skin growth underneath nails are attached to my nails. Anyone know what to do?
there is only 1 solution:


amputation.
Reply:Usually over time it will grow back to it's normal size.


I have had them on and off many times so trust me.. it will eventually adjust to the new nails.


Also, if you trim your nails very short and trim the "dead" skin underneath it that helps too.


One more solution is to use a cuticle nail tool ( that pushes the cuticles back) and gently pack the skin underneath your nail back and do this once a day for a week or so.





This all might sound disgusting lol but it does work. You just have to be patient. My favorite is trimming my nails short but the other solutions work as well.





Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment