Friday, November 20, 2009

Red skin lesion on toddler's face?

I have a 12 month old son who had a flesh colored, pimple look-a-like (but no puss or excessively raised) growth on his cheek, which started to appear about 10 days ago. He had it for a couple of days and one day it turned red and had seemed to have grown. I scheduled to have him checked out that day and the doctor looked at him for litterally 3 minutes and claimed the lesion to be eczema (eventhough he never once scratched that spot or seemed to appear to be itchy there). She gave him some atopic dermatitis creme and said it should dissapear in 4 days,2 days later (today) the skin and the lesion just seem to have gotten more agetated and the redness seems to have spread. I think the creme is too harsh for his skin and it doesn't seem to help. I am going to bring him to the doctor again today, but I was wondering if anyone had any clue or any info on what this could be. The lesion right now is pretty flat and red, but if you look closely the center is more yellow than red...

Red skin lesion on toddler's face?
bring up the subject of roscea . I got that once and it sounds like the symptoms of what i had . I hope you do find out though . good luck .
Reply:This doesnt sound like Eczema but might be the start of Impertigo?....That starts with red skin lesions but they turn ***** and tend to spread alot and its certainly not nice so its worth getting checked out and if your not happy with the verdict then see another doc.





I hope it ends up being nothing bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment